All good things come to an end...or do they?

So, there you have it. 

I decided, once Amy started going back to work I'd wrap this blog up. And so, after Amy being back at work for the last few weeks, the time has come to stop my fingers flying over the keys and to close the laptop.

Amy went back to work three weeks ago for two mornings, Tuesday and Thursday. The Tuesday was tough and despite only staying for the morning and 'saying hello to people and hugging a lot' and not a lot else, she was exhausted. By the Thursday she felt much better and felt awake enough to join her colleagues for a drink after work.

Last week the mornings became days and next week she will be doing 3 full days. I think by the time the term ends, she will be back to 5 days a week. It's a good time to go back. With exams, some of her classes aren't happening so it's an easier slide in, and she's not doing her job as she was yet, that's a step too far at the moment. Perhaps by September.

So it seems that 7 months after this whole thing took off, 7 months since that 'far more serious than before' consultant appointment, 7 months since Amy made the decision to go ahead with the operation, things are finally becoming 'normal', whatever 'normal' is!

Thank you for joining us on this journey. Thank you for the support through those frightening and dark times, and for all the encouragement of those of us who took on the walk.

And why, I hear you ask, did I say '...or do they?' in the title?  Well, obviously there is unfinished business with the 100k continuous! So for now, it's all over, but never say never ;).

By the way, in case you're wondering, we managed to raise, with Gift Aid, over £24k, well beyond my wildest dreams, and we have made a massive difference to the charity which is what it was all about. I'm beyond thrilled, proud and grateful, especially to the team, Gordy, Linda and Ruth, whose fundraising efforts were amazing! And also to Amy's dad, who managed to get masses of sponsorship, despite having to drop out of the walk because of his pesky rotator cuff.

I also want to mention my children and their other halves, Lewis and Char, Amy's Issy and Phoebe who were so supportive through it all of this, to Amy and to me. It's wonderful to see siblings being there for each other, it makes me feel so proud that they showed Amy the love and concern that they did, I feel blessed to have children that are there for each other, it's so important. And the messages of support to me for the walk were fabulous, they all make me very proud, not least Issy, who was such an incredible
rock for Amy through the worst of times.

And lastly, a massive and probably very belated public thank you to Dan who put up with my angst, my walks for hours, leaving him to do everything at home, my moans and groans, my aches and pains, and allowing me the freedom to do what I needed to do, all the way through from before the operation until now. The constant support, and the way he shared the worry did not go unnoticed, and he will never know how very grateful I am because it's impossible to express.

And also lastly, (promise!) a heartfelt thank you to Amy, who showed us all how to deal with adversity with a smile, with humour and with patience and without complaint. I know I've said many times how in awe I've been with the way she has managed to get through all this, but I don't mind repeating myself. She is literally awesome.

And with that...that's a wrap.

'Till next time...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And that, as they say, was that.

The background