Trying to do the right thing!

It's not easy trying to get things off the ground.  To begin with, I wrote to the charity, Cavernoma Alliance UK who have been incredibly supportive about the walk, and asked them if they wouldn't mind contacting the Ultra Challenge people to be a supported charity so that a. it would be better for them, getting more money for anyone who signs up for the walk and b. cheaper for those signing up!   I thought it would be easy...how wrong I was.




The charity emailed the company, as did I, before Christmas. Probably not the best time, I admit, so during the second week of January, I emailed again, as did the charity. No reply. I sent them a tweet. Nothing. It's as if nobody wants us to do the walk or give them any money.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, we finally got hold of them last week and the charity have agreed to register. It will probably take until the end of this week before I'm able to sign up and get the team name registered.

As for the name, I hummed and harred, and asked my walking buddy, one of my oldest friends, Linda.

We have done all our charity walks together, and I came up with 'Team Amy - Blowing raspberries at Cavernomas'. See what I did there? Linda suggested 'Amy's Raspberry Blowers' which I also liked so last Thursday I met with all my kids, Lewis and his girlfriend Char, Amy and her partner Issy, Phoebe couldn't make it, and I put the names to them. They shook their heads.  'Too long' they said. So, I asked for suggestions.

"BrAMYacs" says Issy.  "Perfect!" says I.

And so, BrAMYacs" was born, though I had permission to use 'Blowing Raspberries at Cavernomas' as a sub-name!

Now I just have to wait until Cavernoma Alliance UK - CAUK is on the charity list for Ultra Challenge and away we go. This week, possibly Friday, I'm going for a long walk and I'm going to try to make it quicker than my usual stroll. If I can do a quick 8 miles it'll be a fair start. The walk is separated into 2 days (I decided to take the 2 day option as doing it all in one go seemed too much of a challenge, even for me. I do like a challenge but I'm aware I'm not getting any younger, maybe next year ;).

Meanwhile, I think before the walk the aim is to walk 30 miles so 8 with 4 months to go should be a good start. I may even try for longer if I'm feeling good.  

Let's see!

Comments

  1. It's a great team name, once one has worked out how to pronounce it. 😉

    So glad you didn't go for the 1-day option! 😬 You'll still be leaving me trailing in your dust anyway. 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, on behalf of Issy ;). I'm sure you'll keep up, i'm old now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And that, as they say, was that.

All good things come to an end...or do they?

The background